I’ve been wanting to get a little more organized with a blogging schedule, so I decided to start a “What I’m Loving” list. I’ll try to update my list weekly, sharing my current “favorites.” Some of the favs will be physical products and some may just be random things that make me happy. I think that this is the perfect way to get to know some of you and allow you get to know me! Let me know in the comments what YOUR favorite things are this week!! Maybe we love the same things. <3
This post may include affiliate links. This just means that if you were to make a purchase after clicking that link, I would make a very small commission (costing you NO EXTRA). This is an easy way to help provide for my family, while sharing content for you! I truly appreciate your support!
So let’s get started! (In no particular order, but Brandon was VERY offended that he took 2nd place.)
What I’m Loving, June 27, 2018
- Dixie Chicks Radio Station on Pandora- I stumbled upon this a little over two weeks ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since. I’m not a huge fan of the more modern country music, but this station strikes so many happy feels. I just can’t help but smile when I’m listening to it. Garth Brook’s, “Long Neck Bottle” came on yesterday and it brought back so many happy childhood memories. I remembered my mom listening to this song with the windows open, while I played outside. We had a big rock in our yard that I stood on as my “stage” and I would belt out the words to the song (not having a clue what they meant!!). My five year old singing voice was probably MUCH better than what I’m working with now! Anyway, if you want some good nineties country, this is your station!
- Spending (no phone/no tv time) with Brandon- The weather has been BEAUTIFUL lately, especially around 8 PM. Brandon and I have started making a point to spend some quiet, no phones//no tv time together after Grey goes to bed. We sit out on our deck and just appreciate each other. It’s crazy how even just 30 minutes of sitting, listening to birds chirping and watching deer walk through the yard can make you love your life. (We got this affordable little 3 piece set and it’s super comfy for lounging and just hanging out. I wanted to find something that was modern looking, without breaking the bank and this was a major score! It also has pretty great reviews! We have it in the gray color, but I just noticed that the brown version is even cheaper than the gray!)
- Younger (the TV Show)- I became obsessed with this TV Land show months ago and binge watched it in an embarrassingly fast amount of time. Now, Season 5 started up and I’m invested all over again. It airs on Tuesday nights, but because we don’t have live tv, I just watch it the following day on TV Land’s website. The past seasons are available on Hulu and I promise, it’s good! I won’t give away too many details, but it’s definitely a “feel good” show.
- Aldi’s Knock Your Sprouts Off Bread- I’m the worst at making myself eat breakfast, but I always feel so much better if I do! We (almost) always get our groceries at Aldi and I recently discovered the Knock Your Sprouts Off Bread. It’s full of fiber and lots of other “good stuff,” so I figured it was worth trying. I really love it! I just toast it and then mash up an avocado to spread on top. Then I sprinkle a little bit of feta cheese and sliced grape tomatoes. It’s delicious, good for you and SO EASY! I can literally make it while my coffee brews and force myself to take a whole 5 minutes to enjoy.
- Fizzics Waytap– I know that I just shared this in my “Last Minute Father’s Day Gift Guide-Amazon Edition,” but it’s making this list, too! If you want to read all of the details you can head over to my last post, but this little gadget is actually the coolest! We use it a few times a week and it really helps to step up our beer enjoyment level.
I feel like taking the time to acknowledge what makes us happy, ultimately helps us appreciate our lives. It’s the little things that build up and tend to make the biggest difference in our days. SOOOOO, I’d LOVE to hear what’s making you smile this week!! Please share in the comments!! <3